Dara Singh Randhawa, popularly known as Dara Singh, was one of India’s most favourite wrestlers. Dara Singh was born on November 19 in the year 1928. As a wrestler, he never lost a match during his career.
Here are some lesser known facts about him:
1. Born in Dharmuchak village in Amritsar, Punjab, Dara Singh was 6ft 2 inches tall with a 53-inch chest.
2. He became the National Wrestling Champion in 1954, at the age of 26.
3. Dara Singh became the Commonwealth Champion in 1959
4. Dara Singh was crowned World Champion on May 29, 1968.
5. He retired from the sport in 1983 after having been in over 500 fights. Surprisingly, he never lost a match during his career.
6. Dara Singh had also acted in several films.
7. The wrestler passed away on July 12, 2012, in Mumbai.
To know more about him, don’t forget to watch Punjab Mail on June 25 at 2:30 PM only on PTC Punjabi.