Former Indian captain Kapil Dev’s coffee table book, 'We The Sikhs' has received tremendous response from the book lovers. The book, aims to spread awareness of the Sikh religion, is divided into three sections- ‘The Gurus’, ‘The History and Artifacts’ and ‘Gurdwaras’.
View this post on Instagram
Coffee with Kapil Paaji: It was my pleasure and an honor to Introduce two legends together. Kapil Dev Paaji And Gyani Pinderpal Singh ji- the most learned person of Sikh Panth. Thanks to Kapil Paaji for creating “We The Sikhs” Book ? of Sikh Gurdwaras around the world. Commendable job ??Paaji. ???Another feather in his cap. Book promotion world tour begins 2019.. look out for it and support ?????? #wethesikhs #sikh #panth #proudsikh #legend #gyani #pinderpalsinghji #kapildev #cricketer #scratchgolfer #golfer #golflover #blessed #humblesouls #humble
Kapil Dev and Dubai-based entrepreneur Ajay Sethi have worked together to present a book that educates a reader about accurate history of the Sikh community and features unseen pictures and original paintings of 100 Gurudwaras across the globe.
While talking to Hindustan Times about his book, Kapil said: “This (book) is very close to my heart. It is a work of love and passion. This book is for the next generation to understand the sacrifices this great community (Sikh Community) has made for the betterment of the world.”
Meanwhile, Kapil Dev has recently gifted his coffee table book, 'We The Sikhs' to Bollywood star Ranveer Singh. This was given to Ranveer during his Delhi visit in May. Ranveer was overwhelmed as he received the book from the former cricketer and thanked him for presenting it to him.
“I presented the book to Ranveer and his family and he was delighted. My book, We The Sikhs, talks about Sikhs and Gurudwaras across the world and it was an absolute pleasure presenting it to him,” Kapil Dev said.
About ‘We The Sikhs’
- The idea of this book came to Kapil Dev’s mind when he visited a gurdwara in Pakistan and was so moved by the experience that he decided to bring gurdwaras from all corners of the world together in one publication.
- Kapil Dev joined hands with Dubai-based entrepreneur Ajay Sethi for this publication.
- They took 5 long years to turn their dream into reality.
- The book is divided into three sections- ‘The Gurus’, ‘The History and Artifacts’ and ‘Gurdwaras’.
- The book was launched in India by former Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh at Sultanpur Lodhi, in Punjab, India, in November 2018.
- (The book) gives you an accurate history of the Sikh community from the times of its founder Sri Guru Nanak Sahib Ji in the 15 th century. Every major incident has been chronicled so that the future generation stays well-updated.