Navratri is a Hindu festival honoring Goddess Durga in her nine manifestations. In the Hindu month of Ashwin, a nine-day festival honouring Goddess Durga is held.
The Shardiya Navratri festival begins this month. The festival's duration is symbolised by the word Navratri, which means "nine nights." Hindus all over the world commemorate and worship Goddess Durga in her nine various forms during Navratri. This year's festival will begin on October 7 and run through October 15.
Ghatasthapana is the first ritual, in which devotees lay a kalash – an earthen pot — in the puja area.
Devotees layer soil and grains in the kalash and tie a sacred thread around the pot's neck. They pray to the kalash and worship it.
Here are a few wishes and greetings to share with your near and dear ones:
- On the occasion of Navratri, let us thank Maa Durga for always blessing us with whatever we have desired. Wishing a very Happy Navratri to you
- Feel the spirit and have fun this Navratri. Maa Durga has come to bless each one of us with prosperity and happiness
- May the hues, beauty, bliss, happiness and the charm of Navratri stay with you and your family forever. Happy Shardiya Navratri
- May Goddess Durga guide you, protect you and give you all the happiness you have wished for. Happy Shardiya Navratri 2021.
- May your home is blessed with the lotus feet of Maa Durga beings into your life eternal happiness and smiles. Wishing a very Happy Navratri
- At this cheerful event of Navratri, I hope you are blessed with the tenderness of love and lots of success. Happy Navratri 2021!
- Till the time we have Maa Durga blessing us with her love and protection, we have nothing to fear in life. Happy Navratri to everyone
- May this Navratri you are blessed with dandiya celebrations to groove to and beautiful blessings of Maa Durga to bring you success and prosperity…. Warm wishes on Navratri!!!
- May you and your family be protected by the power of goddess Durga forever. Enjoy this beautiful occasion of Navratri with your family and close ones!
- The occasion of Navratri is all about enjoying the garba with our loved ones and fasting to please Maa and seek her love and blessings. Wishing you a very Happy Navratri