According to a doctor, the pandemic is to blame for "driving us into a scenario where most working adults and children are compelled to be glued to their screens for extended periods of time."
With a switch to work from home people start and finish their day with a gadget. Even unknowingly and unintentionally we all are today totally dependent on technology for work and also for personal use.
According to research conducted in the United States, every hour spent in front of a computer screen diminishes one's life expectancy by up to 22 minutes. It increases the risk of stroke and other heart problems, including cancer. Another research from the United Kingdom found that sustained 2-hour exposure to digital displays increased the risk of stroke considerably (laptop, TV, cell phone, etc.). The risk of a stroke rises by 20% after two hours, especially in situations of addiction.
The pandemic is to be blamed for the current situation which requires long screen time for studies and work. The drastic change in lifestyle has led to some diseases which are getting common including Heart problems, Diabetes, Obesity, Thyroid, PCOD, etc.
Have a look as to how these diseases are interlinked and affect the body as a whole
* Because damaged blood arteries expedite the onset of ischemic stroke, a person with diabetes is twice as likely to have a stroke (happens from a blood clot blocking or narrowing the artery to the brain).
* A high amount of LDL (bad cholesterol) causes plaque to form in the arteries, reducing blood flow to the brain and resulting in a stroke.
* About half of all ischemic strokes are caused by hypertension, which raises the risk of hemorrhagic stroke (brain bleed).
The lifestyle changes suggested by Doctors which we need to change :
– Every day, an hour-long walk is required to counteract the negative consequences of physical inactivity.
– Make it a habit for your children to exercise for 30 minutes every day.
– Take regular breaks from work and limit your screen usage.