The first look poster of Anurag Kashyap’s production ‘Saand Ki Aankh’ was released early today. Featuring Taapsee Pannu and Bhumi Pednekar in the lead, the film is based on world’s oldest women sharpshooters Chandro and Prakashi Tomar.
In the first look poster, Taapsee and Bhumi are seen wearing a shirt, ghagra with a chunder. The slogans on the poster read, “Tann budha hota hai, mann budha nai hota” and “They broke out of their cage…At 60, they rose above their age…with 700 medals they became a rage…”
Taapsee Pannu and Bhumi Pednekar… First look posters of #SaandKiAankh… Directed by Tushar Hiranandani… Produced by Reliance Entertainment, Anurag Kashyap and Nidhi Parmar… #Diwali 2019 release. pic.twitter.com/21Htxl9i3q
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) April 16, 2019
Interestingly, ‘Qismat’ director Jagdeep Sidhu, who have written story, screenplay, and dialogues for hit Punjabi movies like ‘Nikka Zaildar’, ‘Qismat’ and others, has written the dialogues for the Anurag Kashyap movie. This will be his first Bollywood project.
Before the movie gets released this Diwali, let’s have a look at some unknown facts about Chandro and Prakashi Tomar.
- Chandro and Prakshi are from Uttar Pradesh’s Johri village in Bagpat district.
- Chandro Tomar is 86-year-old while her sister-in-law Prakashi Tomar is 81-year-old.
- The duo have won more than a hundred medals in various championships across the country.
- Prakashi Tomar has additionally won a Stree Shakti Puraskar, conferred by the President of India.
- They reportedly took up sharpshooting in their 50s.
- Chandro, who is fondly called as ‘shooter dadi’, is among the world’s oldest female sharpshooters.